Serving : 4
For Sushi Rice
2 Cups of Japanese Rice or Sushi Rice or Short Grain Rice (Please use Rice Cooker’s Cup)
15cm x 5cm of Dried Kelp
7 Tablespoon of Rice Vinegar or White Vinegar
2 Tablespoon of Sugar
A pinch of Salt
Simmered Dried Shiitake Mushroom ( Hoshi Shiitake no Nimono)
2 Handful of Rocket
Smoke Salmon – as much as you like
Scrambled Eggs – 2 Eggs, 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce, 1 Teaspoon of Sugar, A pinch of Salt)
1. Firstly, cook Rice. Put Rice in the Rice Cooker’s removable bowl. Wash the Rice well. Rest the washed Rice in the bowl for about 20 minutes. Add Water slightly below the line of 2 as marked inside of the bowl. Put Kelp on top of the Rice and cook it as you cook Rice normally. After the Rice cooker completes cooking, let it sit for about 30 minutes to steam.
2. Mix Vinegar, Sugar and Salt.
3. Transfer the cooked Rice in a large bowl. Add the Vinegar mixture and mix it whilst the Rice is still hot by using a Rice Paddle. When you mix, try not to squash each grain of Rice. Mix it like you slice it by using the side me the Rice Paddle.
4. Cover it with a kitchen town and cool it down to the temperature that you can handle it easily.
5. Prepare Toppings, while the Rice Is cooling down.
– Crack Eggs and mix them with Soy Sauce, Sugar and Salt. Make Scrambled Eggs.
– Cut Shiitake into small pieces.
– Cut Smoke Salmon into a bit-size.
– Wash Rocket leaves.
6. It is ready to assemble once the Sushi Rice is cooled down. Spread the Rice on a plate. On top of the Rice, spread Shiitake first then Eggs, Rocket Leaves and Smoke Salmon nicely.