Serving : 2
2 pieces of Salmon Fillet – skin on
1 Onion – sliced
1/2 Red Capsicums – slices
2 Spring Onions – chopped in about 5cm long
80cc of Water
1 Tablespoon of Dashing Powder (Fish Stock)
1.5 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1.5 Tablespoon of Mirin
1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
3/4 Tablespoon of Flour
1. Sprinkle Salt over Salmon on the both sides. Wrap it with kitchen paper towel and let it sit at least for 20 minutes. *
2. Make Crispy Skin Salmon. Heat a frying pan on high heat with a teaspoon of oil. When the frying pan gets really hot, put Salmon in the pan with skin side down. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook the Salmon for about 5 minutes or until 1/4 of bottom of the Salmon meat looks cooked. **
3. Turn and cook the Salmon for about 5-8 minutes or until the Salmon is cooked. Remove it from the pan once it is cooked. We use the same frying pan to make Amazu Sauce.
4. Make Amazu Sauce. Mix Water, Dashi Powder, Soy Sauce, Mirin and Balsamic Vinegar well.
5. Heat the pan on medium with a teaspoon of oil.
6. Add Onions, Capsicums and the white part of Spring Onions into the pan. Cook until the Onions become clear.
7. Add the green part of Spring Onions into the pan and stir fry them.
8. Sprinkle Flour over the vegetables. Mix and cook very well until the Flour is not visible.
9. Add 1/3 of Amazu Sauce mixture into the pan. Stir it with vegetables very well. Repeat the same 2 times. Make sure that Flour is dissolved and any ramp of flour is not left in the sauce. Stir it very well very time the mixture is added to make the sauce smooth and shiny.
10. Remove the Crispy Skin from the Salmon meat. Keep the skin somewhere dry to keep the skin crispy.
11. Place the Salmon meat on the serving plate. Put the Amazu Sauce over the Salmon. Put the Crispy Skin on top of it.
* Method 1 helps us to remove unpleasant fishy smell from fish. Water will come out for fish after letting it sit for a while which is the cause of smell. This water will be soaked in and removed by the kitchen pepper tower. Fish can keep its lovely flavour with enough saltiness.
** To make Crispy Skin Salmon, it is important not to touch. When you tough the Salmon is only once; when you turn the Salmon over.