Serving : 4
*2 Cups of Japanese Rice or Sushi Rice or Short Grain Rice ( Please use Rice Cooker’s Cop)
1/2 Carrots – grated
3 Mushrooms (size of about 4-5cm in diameter) – sliced
1/2 Usuage (thin deep-fried tofu curd) – sliced into 4cm long
3 Teaspoon of Dashi Powder ( Fish Stock)
1.5 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon of Mirin
1. Put Rice in the Rice Cooker ‘s removable bowl. Wash the Rice.
2. Rest the washed Rice in the bowl for about 20 minutes. **
3. Add Dashi Powder, Soy Sauce and Mirin into the Rice.
4. Add Water up to the line of 2 as marked inside of the bowl. Mix it gently.
5. Add Carrots, Mushrooms and Usuage on top of the Rice.
6. Set the Rice Cooker and cook it as you cook Rice normally.
7. After the Rice Cooker completes cooking, let it sit for about 30 minutes to steam. **
* It is the best to use Japanese Rice if it is available. If not, use Short Grain Rice or Sushi Rice.
** Method 2& 7 will help the Rice to get moist and lovely texture. If you have a Japanese Rice Cooker, this time might have been already included in the cooking time. Please refer to the instruction of your Rice Cooker.