1.5 or 2 Chicken Breast ( depending on the size of Chicken) – cut into 4-5cm pieces
1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
2 Glove of Garlic – minced
A pinch of Salt
2 Tablespoon of Flour
Oil for Deep frying
1. Season the Chicken with Salt
2. Place the Chicken into a bowl. Add Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce and Garlic. Combine the, well. Cover it with plastic wrap and marinade it in a fridge for at least an hour.
3. Now we deep fry the Chicken. Bring the oil to 180 degree. *
4. While the oil is heating, put flour in a bowl and add the Chicken. Toss and coat the Chicken with flour evenly.
5. Deep fry the Chicken. When you deep fry it, it is important to keep oil temperature as 180 degree. Do not put too many pieces of Chicken at once as oil temperature will come down rapidly, and the Chicken will get oily and not be crispy.
6. Once the Chicken is cooked and the surface is turned to light brown, transfer the Chicken onto a wire rack or kitchen paper towel to drain oil.
7. Serve Karaage while it is hot.
* To check oil temperature without a thermometer, drop a piece of deep frying batter (or maybe a piece of minced Garlic In this case) in the oil. When it goes down to the middle of oil and quickly comes up, it is the right timing to put the Chicken in.