Serving : 2-4
150g Beef Mince
4 Potatoes – cut into bite-size chunks
2 Carrots – cut into bite-size chunks
2 Onions – roughly slices
3 Tablespoon of Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Mirin
3 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1. In a pot, heat 1 Tablespoon of Oil over medium-high heat until it becomes hot.
2. Place Beef Mince into the pot and cook it very well*.
3. Add Sugar and Soy Sauce into the pot and mix with the Beef.
4. Add Onions and Carrots, and stir-fry them until the Onions look cooked and become clear.
5. Add and stir Potatoes for about 1 minutes.
6. Add Water and simmer over low-medium heat for about 20 minutes with a Otoshi-buta on.
7. After 20 minutes, add Mirin and simmer about 5 minutes. Then turn the heat off.
8. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. While the dish cools down, the ingredients absorb the flavour.
* If Mince is getting burned on the pot, splash 2 Tablespoons of Water into the pot and mix them well, so that the Mince stacked on the bottom of the pot will come off.
* Cook Mince very well to remove unpleasant smell of Beef. When the Mince starts browned, oil from the Mince will come out. Even though it gets browned at the state, keep cooking until the oil disappears. This helps us to keep only lovely beef flavour.