50g Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
360cc Shiitake Stock ( soaking liquid)
1 Tablespoon of Dashi Powder
1.5 Tablespoon of Sugar
2.5 Tablespoon of Mirin
2.5 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1. Preparation of Dried Shiitake Mushrooms. Rinse Shiitake to remove dirt. Soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes or until they become soft. Do not soak them too long to avoid the taste of mushrooms to run down to the water. Save the soaking liquid.
2. Lightly squeeze Shiitake. Remove the stems and slice them into 0.5 cm width.
3. Place the sliced Shiitake into a small pan. Add the soaking liquid and bring it to boil.
4. Once it is boiled, reduce the heat to low-medium. Add Dashi Powder, Sugar and Mirin.
5. Put a Otoshi-buta on and simmer it for 30 minutes.
6. Add Soy Sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. Turn the heat off. Put a lid on and cool it down.