1500cc of Water
10cm x 3cm of Dried Kelp
A small piece of Ginger – minced
3 Tablespoon of Chicken Stock
1 Tablespoon of Cooking Sake
2 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Mirin
200g Chicken Mince
2 Flat Mushrooms – minced
1 Lear part of Celery – finely chopped
1 Glove of Garlic – minced
1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
½ Tablespoon of Shio Koji
3 Tablespoon of Flour
Vegetables for Hop Pot
½ Cabbage or Chinese cabbage – cut into 6 cm long
2 Carrots – sliced with angle
2 Onions – sliced
150g of Tofu – cut into 3cm cubes
More Options for Vegetables – you can put anything you want, such as…
Zucchini – sliced, Celeries – sliced with angle, Pumpkins – sliced into 0.5-1 cm thick, Spring Onions – sliced with angle, Kale – cut into a bite size
- Put water in Nabe Pot (clay pot or deep casserole pot). Place Dried Kelp in the water and soak it for about 30 minutes. Heat the pot and bring it to boil. Once the water is boiled, remove the Kelp. Reduce the heat to medium and add Chicken Stock, Soy Sauce, Cooking Sake and Mirin.
- Prepare Chicken Meatballs. Add all ingredients for meatballs in a bowl and mix them well by hand. Put it aside until the broth is ready.
- Once the broth is ready, put the Chicken Meatballs in the broth. Use 2 Tablespoons to make a small ball and drop it into the broth one by one. The meatballs will come up to surface once they are cooked.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, add Vegetables in the pot. Add Vegetables which take longer to cook first, such as a hard part of Cabbages, Carrots, Leeks and Celeries. Once these vegetables are cooked, add Tofu and softer Vegetables, Such as Onions, Zucchinis, leaf part of Cabbages.
- Simmer until all are cooked.