1 Chicken Breast – cut into 4-8 cm pieces
1 clove of Garlic – minced
1cm of Ginger –minced
2 Teaspoon of Chicken Stock Powder
½ Teaspoon of Salt
3 Teaspoon of Cooking Sake
1 Teaspoon of Sesame Oil
Oil for Deep Fry
- Place the Chicken into a bowl. Add all other ingredients (except oil from deep fry) and combine them well. Cover it with plastic wrap and marinade it in a fridge for at least an hour.
- Now we deep fry the Chicken. Bring the oil to 180 degree. To check the oil temperature, drop a piece if batter (or piece of minced Garlic in this case) in the oil. When it goes down to the middle of the oil and quickly comes up, it is the right temperature.
- While the oil is heating up, put flour in a bowl and add the chicken in it. Toss and coat the Chicken with flour evenly.
- Deep fry Chicken. When you deep fry it, it is important to keep oil temperature as 180 degree. Do not put too many pieces of Chicken at once as oil temperature will come down rapidly, and the Chicken will get oily and not be crispy.
- Once the Chicken is cooked and the surface is turned to light brown, transfer the Chicken onto a wire rack of kitchen paper towel to drain oil/
- Serve Karaage while it is hot.