These muffins can be made just by adding ingredients. All you need to do is just place a large mixing bowl on a scale and keep adding and mixing all ingredients in order.
Ingredients (8 medium size muffins)
100g of Self-rising flour
40g of Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
70g of Sugar
40g of Lemon Juice
20g of Coconut Milk
40g Unsalted Butter – melted
20g of Olive Oil (or any of your favorite oil)
- Preheat oven to 200◦C. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Sift self-rising flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved completely. Add lemon juice, coconut milk, melted butter and olive oil and combine them well.
- Add self-rising flour and shredded coconut into the mixture and combine them gently until they disappear. Do not mix as gluten will come out and the muffins will be dense*.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Bake them for 15-18 minutes or until they are just cooked (until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of muffin comes out clean).
- Take them out of the oven and cool them down on a wire rack.
*How to combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients gently*
I use a wire whisk. Scrape and scoop the mixture of ingredients with the whisk, and lift up and drop it. Repeat this until dry ingredients disappear into the mixture. It helps you to work quicker when you turn the mixing bowl in the opposite direction of the whisk scrapping the mixture.