Imagine the richness of balsamic vinegar and the umami of soy sauce absorbed into hot sweet roasted vegetables with the freshness of raw vegetables in your month…. This salad tastes exactly like that!
For Roasted Vegetables
3 Potatoes – peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
1 Purple Skinned Sweet Potato – cut into 3cm chunks (keep the skin on)
3 Carrots – peeled and cut into 6cm long matchsticks
1 Red Capsicum – cut into strips
2 Flat Mushrooms – cut into 8 pieces
3 + 1 Tablespoons of Olive Oil to drizzle
2 of ½ Teaspoon of Rosemary Leaves
For Non-Roasted Vegetables
1 Tomato – finely chopped
1 Onion – thinly sliced
100g of Spinach Leaves
1 clove of Garlic – finely chopped
6 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
A pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 200 ◦C.
- Place potato and sweet potato in a small pot and cover with cold water. Boil them for about 3 minutes or until the potatoes are just cooked (but still hard). Drain the potatoes.
- Place the potato, sweet potato and carrot into a large baking tray in single layer. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle ½ teaspoon of rosemary leaves over them. Roast them for 20 minutes.
- Place red capsicum and mushroom into a medium sized baking tray in single layer. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spring ½ teaspoon of rosemary leaves over them.
- After 20 minutes roasting (Method 3), turn the potatoes and carrot. Place the capsicum and mushroom tray into the oven and roast the vegetables on both trays for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Mix all ingredients of the dressing. Put aside.
- Place tomato, onion and spinach leaves in a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables to the bowl and dress them with the dressing. Serve it while it is warm.