The Easiest Ever – Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup)!!
You can make the Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup (Pho Ga) from scratch so easily at home by using the bi-product from my Super Moist Boiled Chicken!
My Super Moist Boiled Chicken is one of my favourite recipes, since it is really easy to make and can be prepared in advance. In addition, the recipe produces beautifully clear broth.
As the broth is already flavoursome, you do not need any special ingredients to make this delicious Pho.
In this recipe, I simply doubled up the measurements of the original boiled chicken. In that way, you can enjoy one of the boiled chicken breast one day as a main dish, and Pho Ga on another day – dinner menu sorted for 2 days!
Next time you need a Vietnamese fix, try this recipe. You do not need to go out for it anymore….
Ingredients (serving for 4):
1500 ml of the remaining Chicken Broth from my Super Moist Boiled Chicken
1 Onion – sliced
1/2 tablespoon of Fish Sauce
200g Flat Rice Noodles
1 Super Moist Boiled Chicken Breast – sliced
250g of Bean Sprouts – washed
1 bunch of Coriander
1 Chili – sliced
2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce
1. Place chicken broth and sliced onions into a pot and bring it to a boil.
2. In the mean time, prepare rice noodles as per packet directions (Normally I soak noodles in warm water).
3. Once the broth is boiled, reduce the heat to low and add 1/2 tablespoon of fish sauce. Simmer it on a low heat until it is ready to serve.
4. For condiments, soak sliced chili in 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, chop coriander and cut lime into wedges.
5. Divide the noodles into serving bowls. Top with the chicken and bean sprouts and pour the broth over the noodles. Top with the coriander. Serve with the chili fish sauce and lime wedges.