It is cheap and versatile. These are the reasons why a bag of carrots is always in my fridge. I probably cook carrot every day. I put it in soup, simmer it in stew, stir-fry it with Asian sauce and just cut it as a veggie stick… For me, it is a kind of vegetable which is always there, therefore I do not pay much attention to.
However, today, I would like to introduce a salad featuring carrot, my French Grated Carrot Salad – Carrot Rapee.
In this salad, carrot beautifully plays a leading role. The orange colour looks really vibrant on a table. The well balanced dressing is so right with the carrot’s earthy flavour. A secret is definitely cumin powder, which gives a bit of excitement to the salad.
If you would like to make it a little bit fancier, add some walnuts, cranberries or Italian parsley (all of them or some of them – as you like!).
This grated carrot salad is really easy to make, looks great and is tasty to eat. Hope this colourful salad makes your table brighter…
- 2-3 Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 50ml of Lemon Juice
- 100ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Teaspoon of Cumin Powder
- <Optional> 2 handfuls of Walnuts A handful of Dried Cranberries A handful of fresh Italian Parsley – chopped
- Grate carrots.
- Make dressing. Combine all of the ingredients until it is homogenised.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and combine. If you would like to make the salad fancier, add your choice of the optional.