I would like to introduce my One Pan Baked Salmon and Veggies recipe today.
Well…, I have to admit that this is kind of recipe that I have been thinking to develop for ages, and then became overdue…hehehe…
However, I have finally done it and am really proud of how it came out. I cooked it two weeks ago. I served it. He ate it. He took it for lunch next day. He said ” you should add this onto your regular menu”.
Baked Salmon and Veggies themselves are already tasty, and this Thai Dressing brings this dish to the next level. This dressing is spicy, garlicky and tangy but yet does not overpower the sweetness of the salmon and veggies.
It is easy to make (of course as my recipe), as the oven will technically take care of the job. Visually, it is wonderful too. You can serve the whole tray straight away from the oven. It is colourful, and is quite pretty on the table. It is a perfect dish for your dinner party.
Hope you enjoy it 🙂
Ingredients (serving for 4):
- 4 fillets of Salmon (about 100g – 120g each) – skin on, scaled and pin-boned
- 4 pinched of Sea Salt
- 8 baby Potatoes
- 3 Carrots – cut into half crosswise and then cut each in half lengthwise
- 2 Onions – cut in half crosswise
- 8 Mushrooms
- 1 Red Capsicum – cut into 6 strips
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (will be used 1/2 tablespoon for 4 times)
- 1 Red Chili – thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of Garlic – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tablespoons of Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of White Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil A bunch of Coriander (stem and leaves to be chopped, root to be smashed and finely chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 °C.
- Sprinkle sea salt over salmon fillets. Wrap them with paper towels. Put them aside.
- Boil potatoes from cold water. Once the water is boiled, turn the heat to medium and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are just cooked.
- In the meantime, mix all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl, except coriander stem and leaves. Put it aside.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and shake the excess water off very well.
- Place the potatoes and carrot on a baking tray. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Shake the tray to coat the vegetables with oil evenly. Place the tray into the oven. Bake it for 15 minutes.
- Add onions and drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over them. Put it back to the oven. Bake it for another 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms onto the baking tray and drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over them. Bake it for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper towels from the salmon fillets and place them in the baking tray – on top of the vegetables. Place red capsicum around the salmon fillets and drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and all of the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Pour half of the Thai Dressing over the baked salmon and veggies. Pour the remaining dressing into a dressing bowl to serve separately (so that everyone can add it to their own plate as they like). Sprinkle the chopped coriander stem and leaves over the baked salmon and veggies. Serve it straight away while it is hot.