Let’s talk about something else. No, I refuse to talk about it. I know, but our life still goes on and there are so many good things not to miss in this world.
To lift our mood, I would like to introduce my dangerously exciting recipe today. It is Mascarpone Whisky Cream. Yes, I am talking about fat, sugar and alcohol. Yeah.
This recipe is modeled on this famous Japanese buttercream sandwich biscuit in Japan . This cream is made of butter, white chocolate and rum and raisin (and more, of course).
To create the similar richness in the easiest way possible, I decided to use mascarpone cheese. I also decided to use whisky rather than rum, as the whisky Christmas cake that I made a few years ago was quite a hit.
As I had a leftover tart pastry in the freezer, I rolled it, baked it and made cream sandwich biscuits -just like the Japanese one. If you have time (for some reason…), of course you can make your biscuits from scratch. If you do not have time, you can use a shop-bought shortbread, or you can even spread on nice bread!
If you are looking for some excitement in your life, try this Mascarpore Whisky Cream… It is dangerously yummy…
- 100g of good quality Sultanas
- 1.5 Tablespoons of your favourite Whisky
- 250g Mascarpore Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Soak sultanas in whisky for about 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk macrarpone cheese in a bowl until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add honey, sultanas and whisky from method 1 into mascarpone cheese and combine all together.
- Eat this delicious cream as you like! Enjoy!!