Healthy Banana Bread with my new super food – Lupin Flakes.
Well…, after enjoying the beauty of “doing nothing” on Hamilton Island, I have 1.5 kg to get rid of from my body…. Since I LOVE eating sweets and it is really hard for me to carry out any diets without a small pleasure, I have made this recipe – my healthy “go-to” sweet using Lupin Flakes. I quite like the unique texture of Lupin Flakes in this cake – kind of popping or chewy. It is a light and yet very satisfying dessert.
I would recommend using a small loaf pan, as it does not raise as much as normal banana bread due to no sugar and only a small amount of flour added.
Ingredients (1 x small loaf pan 17.5cm x 8.5 cm x 6cm)
3 well ripened Banana – mashed
2 Tablespoons of Honey
30g of Milk
60g of Olive Oil
½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Paste
50g of Self-raising flour- sifted
100g of Lupin Flakes
- Preheat oven to 180◦C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper. Sift self-raising flour.
- In a large bowl, beat mashed bananas, eggs and honey well.
- Add milk, olive oil and vanilla paste to the bowl, and combine them well.
- Add the self-raising flour and lupin flakes into the mixture. Combine them gently until they disappear. Do not mix as gluten will come out and the cake will be dense*.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake them for 40 minutes or until it is just cooked (until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean).
- Take it out of the oven and cool it down on a wire rack.
Note: *how to combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients gently.
I use a whisk. Scrap and scoop the mixture with the whisk and lift up and drop it. Repeat this until dry ingredients disappear into the mixture. It helps to work quickly when you turn the mixing bowl in the opposite direction of the whisk scrapping the mixture.