It is getting cold here in Australia. However, I still sometimes feel like eating salad…. Big Salad. Is there anyone feeling the same as me????
I would like to introduce my Thai Larb Salad recipe today for my friends who feel the same as me – feel like big salad during this cold weather. This Larb Salad is warm. Chili in the salad makes you warm too. Super simple to make as well. Healthy – no oil involved.
Convinced? Try it. Hope you like it 🙂
Ingredients (serving 3-4):
1 Carrot – grated
3-4 Spring Onions – chopped
1 Onion – thinly sliced
3 stalks of Celery – finely chopped
100g of Mushrooms (about 4 mushrooms) – sliced
300g of Cabbage (about 1/4) – thinly sliced
1/2 Cucumber – sliced
1 bunch of Coriander – chopped
150- 160g of Chicken Mince
50ml of Water
50ml of Cooking Sake (or any cooking wine)
4 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
3 Tablespoons of Fish sauce
2 Teaspoons of Brown Sugar
1 clove of Garlic – finely chopped
1 red eyed Chili (or any of your preferred chili) – finely chopped
- For Salad, place carrot, spring onions, onion, celery and mushrooms in a large bowl. Arrange sliced cabbage and cucumber nicely on a serving plate.
- For Dressing, mix all of the ingredients very well. Put it aside.
- For Chicken, boil water and cooking sake in a frying pan. Add chicken mince into it. Cook it while breaking it up with a spatula, until the chicken is cooked and the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add the cooked chicken with the remaining liquid (from Method 3) into the salad bowl (Method 1). Add the dressing (Method 2) into it and mix all together.
- Place the chicken mince mixture on the arranged cabbage. Add coriander on top. Serve it while the chicken is warm.